Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Full Cloth Shin Musha - Sengoku Jin Version 2

As I had posted earlier, here is now the complete review of my Shin Musha. It's not the actual Sengoku Jin kit that normally you would buy in the market but I have created my own version on top of the basic Shin Musha kit. Initially, I was itching to buy an Exia MG kit from the 00 series. But whata hell... I found this kit that caught my attention. There was however a Sengoku Jin available, but it was really quite pricey. Anyway, why not create a sort of a diorama that will be a customized version?

After tinkering with the parts of the unit including the kind and colors of the paint to be used, it took me more than 2-3 weeks to finish everything. Of course, I have to deal with the kit only after my work from office which I have to spend up to the wee hours of the night to assemble the kit.




If you are planning to buy this kit, you won't regret having this. It's one of the gunplas that has a good stance even by merely just having it stand on its own without any action poses. The itself looks cool and menacing! Other kits look awful when standing alone and you have to add some poses just to make them look good. But this thing with or without any kind of pose, it's great to look at.


This kit was so cool that the photo you see above is a Full Cloth version that I conceptualize in this kit. ( I included more shots below) I added a piece of black cloth and put it on top of him - a sort of a repair mode. This samurai-armored Shin Musha Gundam from the "Gundam Musou Special" PS2 was based on Hajime Katoki's design. The super-poseable inner frame from the Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam Version One Year War 0079 provides an array of posing possibilities, a well-jointed shoulder- and skirt armor assist with movability without getting in the way. Weapons included are its Nichirinmaru katana with sheath, Denkoumaru naginata, Sankoumaru jumonji yari, and a Tanegashima gun. The blades in the weapons have silver mekki plating - a chorme effect!  Stickers and Gundam decals are provided for added detail. Later on once I have the time I'll put another post about the torii that I have made. Enjoy the pics!





Poseability 8/10

I reckon the kit will not fail you in whatever poses you experiment with it. Form its hand since it's an MG, the fingers are all ball-jointed  so you can play with the weapons in whatever way you want them handled. The inner frame is the plus gactor here especially in the legs which you can see in my previous post.

Excitement 8/10

It's indeed really fun! The kit has lots of poseablity that it took me hours to get  photos of different stance.


Design 8/10

The design is quite utterly unique compared to other gunpla kits. Whether you put on the armor or not, the kit is awesome. The peculiarity of the concept makes it stand out!

Weapons 9/10

Lots of weapons to enjoy! The chrome plated Nichirinmaru katana is really great and fun to paint its handle and sheat. The katana in the photos are not edited. It's the reflection of the light from my living room.

Detail 9/10

There are lots of it!







 
























No comments:

Post a Comment