Thursday, December 8, 2011

MG Gundam Sandrock EW Roll-Out Color Version

Definitely there is no denying that I was eagerly itching to paint this kit after I had snapped-fit it a few days ago. After this is I'll be back to my destroy mode to finally wrap up the Unicorn. Anyway, here is the so called roll-out version - ala Exia roll-out color that I also previously did with the Gundam Virtue. At first, I thought of retaining the original white color   of the OOB because it's already a bit fine. It has a sort of off-white but still quite "plasticky" when stared at. So I then proceeded in painting it. 

The customisation I had made revolved only with the paint job. I had painted it with a flat grey and graphite. Metallic blue and honey gold for the accents. Later on, I applied soft weathering. Then of course the decals. Photos are all raw - no photoshop tricks here.




I tinkered with the B/W of my camera. Hmmmm... quite serene or dramatic for a portrait.

I honestly admit that I'm not a fan of the wing series after I assembled my Deathscythe Hell Custom (HG) - for some reason it's another story. But these heat shotels really come striking to the eyes and have changed my thoughts. It's probably one of the selling points of this kit. I have added some streaks of metal scratches to the handles to accentuate a bit the weathering.




If looks could kill. Seems harmless but its sinister stance is something else.


                                       










This leg below says it all. I didn't expect the frame to have this kind of articulation. So I had put an extra effort to detail it.

      


      

Here are some more pics before I had weathered it and applied decals.

Yes your majesty........




Now let's check out Haro's verdict....


Poseability 8/10

The poseability is great when stretched to the limit. I mean you can have more poses with the good articulation of the leg. It would be great especially if you use an action base.

Excitement 8/10

The  is really there. I finished the kit in 5 days every after my work from the office. It's a total 5 days and 4 nights! Lol!

Design 7/10

There is really nothing special about the concept. It's not that unique at all but I think the weapons compensated for its looks.

Weapons 9/10


It's all about the heat shotel! No doubt about it.

Detail 9/10


It has exceeded my expectations!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment